Monday, September 7, 2009


this is a song i wrote this summer for my youth group. we where doing a study on sharing gods word and having the right words to say. this song is about a guy who is a Christian and his best friend is on his death bed and he is trying to find the right words to save him.


(v1)
seams like just another rainy day out out side as I’m looking out the window still sitting by his side/
it seams like every time i'v opened my mouth i just give up be for i tried.
I can see the dieing look in his eyes but still cant find the words that could save his life/ but all I know is he doesn't have much time/

(P C)
so give me your words of life/

(C)
As his times fading away/try on last time to say how you gave everything for him/
and as he's slipping away his color fades to gray/ but still i don’t have the right words to say/

(V2)
his life's like a train wreck everything's a mess/ he’s got no family i'm his only friend/
i feel its my duty he means so much to me/but why couldn't i have showed what its like to a life with your fire in my eyes/ lord so many times i'v tried but every single time i just fall down again/ and all i know is he doesn’t have much time/

(PC)
so give me your words of life

(C)
As his times fading away/try on last time to say how you gave everything for him/
and as he's slipping away his color fades to gray/ but still i don’t have the right words to say/

(Bridge)
as he closes his eyes for one last time/ and he takes one last breath of the air he’s known all his life/ and all i can say is i tried. lord i tried/ but as i try one last time i can feel your words speak into his life/ lord draw him close to you draw him close to you/

by.
Mark cloutier.

No comments:

Post a Comment